• Provide comprehensive training for physiotherapists in dry needling treatment.
• Understand the nature, clinical characteristics and physiopathology of myofascial trigger points (MTrPs), as well as their relations with the central nervous system (CNS).
• Understand the basis of dry needling and its application to the treatment of myofascial pain.
• Understand the neurophysiological underpinnings of dry needling techniques as well as its clinical application in patients with CNS lesions.
• Learn the differences regarding the diagnostic and therapeutic criteria of dry needling for the treatment of myofascial pain compared with the treatment of hypertonia and spasticity (DNHS®).
• Be able to integrate the theoretical frame of dry needling within clinical practice, as a complement to other treatments.
• Learn how to apply dry needling in the muscles taught during the course.