• Provide comprehensive training for physiotherapists in dry needling treatment.
• Understand the nature, clinical characteristics and physiopathology of myofascial trigger points (MTrPs), as well as their relations with the central nervous system (CNS).
• Understand the basis of dry needling and its application to the treatment of myofascial pain.
• Understand the neurophysiological underpinnings of dry needling techniques as well as its clinical application in patients with CNS lesions who course with hypertonia and spasticity as well as other movement disorders.
• Learn the differences regarding the diagnostic and therapeutic criteria of dry needling for the treatment of myofascial pain compared with the treatment of hypertonia and spasticity (DNHS®).
• Be able to integrate the theoretical frame of dry needling within clinical practice, as a complement to other treatments.
• Learn how to apply dry needling in the muscles taught during the course.